Book in Review / Febuary - Ellen Dugan's Garden Witchery




Garden Witchery


Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up

If your looking for a great book that will give great ideas to create a magic space in your garden, then this is the book to get.
I loved how she includes the flower folklore. A handy dandy guide to anyone that wants to know the "what's" and "whys" of flowers. What it's purpose is and why. I for one love folklore, it adds mystery, and a whimsical feel. When a person walks into my garden and asks "what's that flower?" I like to tell them, "oh that's calendula, hey, did you know......" LOL I definitely learned a few things I didn't know about my flowering beauties and their sometimes dark past, from this book.

There are sections for moon gardening and astrological timing, as far as planting goes. Floral and herbal spells, and a great section on container gardening and what flowers to plant to protect the home and garden.

Granted I am just touching the surface here, and I wouldn't want to spoil a good read!

So here's a link  to amazon.com for this book.











0 comments:

Post a Comment